Monday, March 9, 2015

Gup #5 - Blue Belt to Red Stripe (March 7, 2015)

I’ve been in pain for a few years. Lower back pain has always been a gimme, since the renovations to the old house started, I picked up a heavy item and heard a rip… fell flat on my face and couldn’t move (years ago).  Then I fell flat on my face - putting my arms forward to break the fall, snowboarding (the last time I did that!) AND then after a summer of digging in clay for a garden, building a bed, building a work/art station and painting the exterior of a house, there was quite a bit of pain to a point where It started in my hands, where there was no movement, then worked its way up in my arm, and now over the years, in my shoulder/neck area. To this day, I can’t pick up certain things with my right hand… it’s quite weak.

Anyhow… I finally went to Physio cause I could not bear the pain any longer, nor could I move my head in any direction.  I went to a Chiropractor, and low and behold, there is my xrays… and many of my problems…. Which hopeful will be addressed, so that I can continue my new passion….

I have been told not to spar for a bit, but can continue to do patterns (slow and carefully), so I have been nursing my arm and shoulder for a few months now, yet still attending classes (not as much as before) and “taking it easy”.

Here are my xrays....  Nursing a "out of joing shoulder......  degenerated discs (Phase III), in back and neck, and almost fused L5 to S1.





I tested on Saturday March 7, 2015, trying as much as I can to “ignore” the pain of some quick movements, to sometimes getting off balance with spinning kicks, and other things…..  I really pushed myself to prove to Sir that I was worthy of my new rank.  Overall I was pleased with what I could do, to even being the last person in line, yet the first one out of 3 to break a board with my palm.  I am finding out quickly that I am quite a hard headed and determined person – ya my husband is right… but don’t tell him that!
but "sucked it up buttercup"... and now I'm on my way.....

Sir Clowning around doing the "vogue" face to Melissa taking the picture

Back to being serious

Certificate and new Belt

New Red Stripe



No comments: