Saturday, January 25, 2014

Gup #9 - Green Stripe II to Green Belt

The belt I have been waiting for.  I have a personal agenda.  Loosing weight, getting into better cardio shape, and getting my black belt before I hit my 52nd Birthday.  This green belt test is 2 months prior to my first year's anniversary starting into TKD.  Ahead of schedual... and beyond "on track".  Now to try to keep up with the pace, go to more classes, and learn learn learn.

Class commenced at 9:30  Kyosahnim Brost led the class with lots of cardio, running, relay races, patterns, and other things.  After 1/2 an hour... our test started.....and it was a fairly long test.  All patterns, all kicks and all step sparring from the first day I started to now.  The test was about 1 1/2 hours long... non stop.  After theory questions, the part that most of us dread... the breaking of the board!

I can honestly say I was very anxious to do this.... however pulled back last minute with a second doubt....  giving my head a shake... I regrouped myself... and just kicked it! 

Can't wait to wear the green!


Figuring out where the foot needs to be to break the 1" board
 
This is where I chocked and pulled back....

Just do it!
Tuesday night will be the night I get my board signed by sir... and then I will have it mounted in a frame... first of firsts.  yeah!!!!

No comments: