Sunday, March 9, 2014

3rd Tournament - Weston Warriors Global TKD Championships - Toronto

March 8th. Humber College.

We arrived at the tournament to receive our ring numbers.  Tyler would be in ring 8 and I in 10.  Great considering they were right beside one another.

So cool to compete in Toronto "beside" my son.  For years I have sat in the stands and took 1,000s of pictures of both my children.

Girls are up.  First up was Prea and I side by side.  I won the first round.  
Mae (Blue belt sitting down) was next to do patterns (side by side) with Prea. 



Standings:  I (Gold) Prea (Silver) and Mae (Bronze)

A new friend (Mae) from another school to join the geriatric club.

Boys up next.  Long story short.  Tyler was excused from his ring and competition since there was no one at his age nor belt level to compete with.  I asked the judges (pictured) if he could join in our ring, and compete.  They agreed, but put him in his own category.  If he excelled the other 3 men... he would get his own trophy, while the other men would also get their own placements as if Ty did not exist... However they said, that if he placed last... then he would place last.

Oh yes... they ensured that every foot, leg, hand, stance was looked at carefully.




I have not seen this but., he received 2 - 9s and 2 - 8.5's....  unattainable Sir says in most competitions.
I cried.  He is so amazing to watch... such a natural.

The judges gave out gold, silver and bronze to the men.  As they were going to award Ty, his gold, a guy from nowhere shows up and asks to compete. (26 year old Red belt)
After deliberation, the judges allowed this guy to compete.  I watched, and after they guys 4th movement... there was no competition... I knew my boy got this hands down.

Clowning around with the "older" gents.

The
Congrats my son!  Job well done.  Thanks for coming to the tournament with me. 

Woodruff's Gold.

No comments: